The Palm Desert is a place of natural wonder with glowing mountains and miles of pristine desert covered with high-class golf courses and gorgeous hiking trails. When it’s time for a break from exploring the vast outdoors, there are similarly many options for entertainment in Palm Springs. Whether you’re looking for a quiet night out to catch a movie or a show, or a rowdy party, you are sure to find it in downtown Palm Springs, where sunset brings cooler weather and a world of entertainment options.
Top Spots for Entertainment in Palm Springs
- Spa Resort Casino – If you’re looking for a chance to gamble, come hit the blackjack and poker tables, or sidle up to the slots for a little while at the Spa Resort Casino. Their Cascade Lounge is a top class night club featuring stellar DJs on Friday and Saturday nights, and Latin Nights on Sundays. This is the best place in town if you’re looking for an all-night party.
- Palm Canyon Theatre – Home to some of the best acts in the town, the Palm Canyon Theatre is the best place to catch a show in town. The 2015-2016 season promises many classics in store, so if you’re planning a trip be sure to get your tickets soon to shows like Cats, The Addams Family, A Streetcar Named Desire and The Full Monty.
- Palm Springs Art Museum – Home not only to wonderful collections of art to peruse, the Palm Springs Art Museum is also home to the Annenberg Theater, which hosts many all-star acts throughout the year. Thursday nights are free admission to the museum too making for the perfect evening out of dinner and art.
- Camelot Theatres – For a quiet night out at the movies, Camelot Theatres is definitely the top choice in Palm Springs. Featuring current hit films, Camelot also hosts a comedian on Tuesday nights and their Classic Hollywood Film Series on Wednesdays. Saturday nights are time for Blockbuster Movies so you can see those generation-making movies you may have missed back in the day. Make it a dinner and a movie kind of night at this charming Palm Springs theatre.
- Boomers! – For some good old-fashioned fun, head to this amusement attraction with everything from mini golf to a full-fledged arcade, and even go-karts and bumper boats. Boomers is the perfect place to unleash the big kid inside of you so get ready to lose yourself!
- McCallum Theatre – If you’re a fan of dance performances and classically trained musicians, McCallum is the place to go in Palm Springs. Catch acts like the National Dance Company of Siberia, Jane Lynch, and the Kingston Trio.
This small assortment of options for entertainment in Palm Springs is just the tip of the iceberg where fun times in the desert are concerned. You won’t be hard-pressed to find something that tickles your fancy when you’re visiting the area, whether you’re looking for a relaxed getaway or some wild times. This free Palm Springs vacation guide will fill you in on even more things to do in the area!